You can find a interpretor or translator via CITAA member directory.
- A translator ‘translates’ written documents (an interpreter speaks)
- An interpreter ‘interprets’ orally (a translator works on written documents).
The Constitution of the Chinese Interpreters and Translators Association of Australia Inc. (CITAA)
The Constitution of the Chinese Interpreters and Translators Association of Australia was passed and adopted at the Foundation Meeting of CITAA held on 22nd July 1995 in Melbourne, Australia. It was further amended via postal votes and adopted on 10th December 1995.
To purchasers of translation and interpreting services and to Chinese Translators and Interpreters – membership of a professional body like CITAA indicates:
- You are a professional practitioner
- You are serious about ongoing training and professional development – with the opportunity to participate in regular and specialised Chinese professional development sessions (points towards NAATI revalidation)
- You want to share knowledge and experience
- You have the opportunity to meet colleagues and help each other
- Visibility on the CITAA website can lead to work enquiries
- You don’t get lost in a multilingual organisation as part of a thriving community of Chinese language only practitioner
- A professional email address with CITAA to make it easy for clients to contact you
- Professional solidarity and support – contact is easy with WeChat and other forums
- Access to the Members Area for more information, and including recordings for training sessions you couldn’t attend or would like to revisit
- Get to know and learn from our experienced members
- By the way, the annual fee is very low
BECOME A MEMBER
Why not join our special association and be more visible and targeted in this Chinese-Language space
Enjoy the benefit of a listing on the website for work opportunities
Simply by clicking the button below to fill in the application form and join.
Membership shall be open to all translators and interpreters including students and other interested people, subject to the recommendation of the Admission Sub-Committee and approval by the Executive Committee
Membership shall be on a yearly basis commencing on the 1st of January of each year
Members shall pay an annual subscription fee which shall be recommended by the Executive Committee and approved by a General Meeting
Any member may discontinue membership by giving written notice of this intention to the Secretary. Discontinuance of membership shall take effect immediately upon receipt of such notice by the Secretary
No subscription shall be refunded on termination of membership
Click the Apply Now button to fill in the application form.